Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Updates

MrHoppy commented last night about how little I have been blogging. And I agreed - I just don't know what to say! Or I guess I don't have much to say?

Maybe an update post of sorts is where I should start. Perhaps that will get the blogging juices flowing again!
On the Pet-Front: we are dealing with an injured Pekingese. A few years ago his left eye was badly scratched and it took months to heal. He has a similar scratch now on his right eye. Poor little man. It was missed initially by the vet (I won't get into details, just know that I was PISSED) so it went untreated for almost 2 weeks. We are now taking good care of him and hoping it heals nicely. The options if it doesn't aren't great, I'm not even thinking about what would come next. Just thinking positive! It's day to day but he is feeling better so that is good news.

On the Money-Front: This year has been tough. such is the story right now with everyone right? I received a raise in January but then in July MrHoppy started a new job that pays less. For now anyway. Our health insurance costs went up by about double (awesome!) so our out of pocket expenses have been rough. The good news is that both cars are now paid off! We are saving this month to build a really good emergency fund. Next month we will start putting ALL our extra money toward a little bit of debt that we racked up this year. It should take about 7 months to pay off. Sounds like  a long time but I hope it flies by!

On the Home-Front: We have been toying with the option of refinancing our current mortgage to take advantage of the low interest rates. After tossing around a bunch of ideas we decided to start the process of looking into SELLING OUR HOUSE! We are so excited. It just didn't make sense to refi when we ultimately want to move. Our first step will be to contact a realtor to see if it's even a possibility in this market. I'll keep you updated on what we decide, it's a very new development and we haven't done much of anything yet. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

On the Exercise/Health-Front: Things are going really well. I'm working out a lot and we have been eating very healthy. Part of this is due to our food budget - we don't eat out much anymore! MrHoppy is in class twice a week until May so I have been getting in extra workouts. Bonus!

I think that sums up what is new in our world. Not much, nothing too exciting. I do have a lot of photos I need to share. I just haven't taken the time to download and organize. I haven't been ordering prints like I should either. The website has been SO SLOW so I get frustrated when I use it and give up.

I'm happy Fall is finally here! It still feels pretty much like Summer here in CO though which is annoying. Bring on the chilly weather! I'm ready to break out the snowboard!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hoppy, I just caught your post on PAIF/SAIF about Meghan. I'm heartbroken. She and I talked quite a bit OTB's earlier this year. I had no idea she was sick again :(

    I'd like to do something, I don't know. Maybe a collection from the girls on the boards that knew her? Not to get gifts, but to make a cash donation to her family to help with any costs or to go to the babies? What do you think?

    Feel free to email me, nicolemrussell at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete