Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh, hi.

I've pretty much not been blogging regularly since mid-Summer. No excuses really, just really busy. I guess that's my excuse? I haven't been editing photos, working out as much or doing much of anything. Where is the time going? Not working out as much is really annoying but you'll see why here in a minute...

The big news is that we decided recently to list our home! We'll see if it sells. I'm trying not to get too excited. We are in love with the realtor we found. She helped my in-laws find their home when they moved to Colorado. She is very motivated, has excellent ideas and has held our hands through every step thus far.

Our plan if our home sells is to move from the 'burbs back into the city! We'll rent for a year or two while we save money for a down payment on a new home. We want to figure out our favorite neighborhood in Denver and move there!

So in preperation...

Sunday we deep cleaned our house. Wow, that took some time. It doesn't get done often and lemme tell ya - it needed it! It felt awesome to get it all done. Baseboards, touching up paint, cleaning all the blinds, etc. You know the cleaning I'm talking about! No fun!

Last night we met with a stager. It was so interesting the way she used things we already had in new ways. There was a lot of moving pictures, packing up items and arranging furniture. It was actually pretty fun and I'm amazed at what little changes she made and how they make such a big difference. I was excited that she commented several times on what a good eye I have and how she thought our house was so pretty.

After she left we started on the laundry list of other things that needed to be completed. We are pretty much packing up anything we don't use regularly. Personal photos are gone, the pantry is organized and clean, and there are many holes to be filled in and paint touch ups to be done on our walls! It will be a busy few evenings to say the least. See why I can't get to the gym the last few weeks?

A photographer is coming on Friday morning to take photos for the websites, brochures and folders that will be available on our table to anyone who looks at our house. I feel prepared. And I feel like I'm just going to hurry up and wait! Waiting to see if it sells, if the appraisal works out, what we find in the way of renting a home in Denver. I tend to be anxious about this type of thing so I'm trying really hard to go with the flow. I'd be lying if I said I slept well last night though!

We hope to have it listed by Saturday. I have a good feeling about listing it quickly, even though it's right around the holidays. A lot of people take their homes off the market this time of year. But people are still looking to buy and need to move! I hope this works in our benefit. We shall see. And I will be better about blogging.

Not sure if anyone is reading anymore - I don't blame you if you aren't! I need to decide what to do with the ol' blog. I don't feel like an infertile anymore. I would venture to say we feel like a happy couple without kids. I can't believe I'm here - but I am. And I'm happy. :)

2 comments: