Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall is in the air!

I woke up cold last night, we had all the windows in our room open and I was snuggled under the blankets. I loved it! I woke up early to run outside and I was chilly while I was walking to warm up. Fall is definitely in the air.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons I think. I love Colorado since we get to experience all 4 seasons and I love when they start to change. This is my birthday month (and Vegas month!) and also marks the start of football! Some other things I'm looking forward to are:

- all things pumpkin - beer, lattes, carving them, seeds

- all things football - Texas playing every Saturday (and hopefully winning!), Sundays spent eating chili in front of the TV watching the Broncos (hopefully winning!), and most of all my DH not working on Sundays anymore. This is by far the best part of this Fall.

- the mountains - the changing Aspens, staying a weekend at a hotel in October up there where we'll watch football and eat yummy food with friends, the occasional Fall snow storm

- home decor - I'll be busting out the Fall and Winter duvet cover, snuggly blankets, candles, my pretty Fall wreath and in November some Thanksgiving decorations too

- clothes - I'm so tired of my Summer clothes I can't wait to start wearing cute jeans, long sleeves, cozy sweaters, boots and of course hoodies. Where would we be without hoodies?!

Before we know it Winter will be here.

My goals for Fall are simple. Enjoy my life, watch tons of football, drink beer, spend time with friends and family and of course watch my nephew as he grows and learns. We spend so much time with him and every week he looks older and has done something new. I love it, I love him, he makes me so happy.

Right now - Life is good. My DH and I had a serious conversation about our future this past Saturday. Of course nothing has been decided for sure but I feel good. We still have some soul searching to do but we are on the same page - for now anyway. More on that later, this post is dedicated to all things FALL!!

I wish I had a picture to post of something Fall from last year but I'm at work. I'll have new ones soon enough to share!

1 comment:

  1. I am super excited for the Longhorn game this Saturday!!

    and I too love Fall, all things pumpkin and well, everything on your list ;)

    I am on a mission to buy Sam Adams beer this weekend so I can try the Pumpkin one! lol

    ReplyDelete