Monday, August 9, 2010

Hail Mary

I'm not Catholic but this is what it feels like!

Our 6th and final Hail Mary IUI is scheduled for tomorrow. I'll drop off DH's sample at 8AM, wait for 45 minutes while it's washed and then head over to be inseminated. He has to work so it's going to be a solo trip. I am so thankful that I didn't surge while we were camping so we can do it this month. I woke up today and my OPK showed me 2 dark lines! I'm so ready to get this show on the road so we can move on to the next step - whatever that may be. I'm not hopeful, I know that our chances are slim to none. Why would a 6th be successful when 5 have not? I'm looking forward to that feeling of closure, looking forward to not worrying about timing and cycling for awhile. And strangely looking forward to that discussion with my DH that is looming over my head: "What's next and how do we make it happen?" without giving up everything else in our lives. It's a big decision...

On a side note: we had SUCH a fabulous time camping. No drama and the weekend absolutely flew by. I'll post tonight, I have lots of good pictures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment