Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lonely Waiting, again.

I'm so bummed out today. Every year we go to a family camping trip with my DH's extended/immediate family. It's always Thursday-Sunday. This year my dear parents decided to take a trip right in the middle of the family camping trip. So my DH, our friends and his family are headed up to beautiful Grand Lake today while I'm sitting here at work, covering the office and dog sitting for everyone and their Mom. Instead of riding dirt bikes, hanging out with my friends and family, drinking beer and eating yummy camping food I'm going to be sitting in a quiet office, answering questions for people that I don't want to talk to today and taking care of 5 dogs tonight... 4 of them being 80 pounds or more... We don't live on a farm or in a mansion so this will be interesting to say the least.

So, I'm melancholy. I'm annoyed. I'm tired of being here. I'm jealous of my DH right now. I'm lonely as I wait for the hours to tick by until I can leave. Just to go home and hang out alone (with 5 dogs) and do it all over again tomorrow... Good God I might start crying!

I'll post next week about how much fun I had when I finally got there. And I'll include pictures so everyone will know how gorgeous it is there!! 6.5 more hours until 5PM... I'm not going to make it.

1 comment:

  1. You will make it!! I am coming over tonight so we can take those dogs for a run, then do a mini strength workout at your house. I am sorry that you got hosed this week with the family camping trip. Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete