Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Look what I got...

The Florida vacation post is coming - I swear. Our laptop was out of comission the last 2 days but MrHoppy promises it's in tip-top condition again now. I wouldn't even consider using the archaic desktop monster in the office... :::shudder::: I'll download pictures tonight after the gym!

Anywho...

I've posted recently about my new obsession with being (becoming) crafty and home decor. The obsession is only growing as Christmas approaches. I've found new blogs to follow that are centered around crafts and decorating and I'm loving it!

Ideas are running around like crazy-town in my head. I can't wait to try some of them. And my goal is to do everything myself so I don't spend a lot of moolah. Plus it will keep my busy on lonely nights right? We are hosting Christmas at our house with MrHoppy's family from out of town and I'm so excited. He's the man with a plan in the food department but I am the woman in charge of the decor. The ambiance if you will... So it's a big deal to me that the house look great!

Imagine my excitement when I opened the mailbox last night after work and saw this little gem:

I have heard people rave about it and decided to break down and spend the money this year to see what all the fuss was about. I'll be honest when I say I was the tiniest bit disappointed. I was expecting DIY overload. Pages and pages of decorating ideas that would work in my home. And there are some great ideas, don't get me wrong. Just not a lot that will work in my space. But I have lots of pages turned down - not to worry! I just need to put my style into it a bit more.

I'm trying to hold off on Christmas until at least ummm 8PM on Thursday, November 25th? I swear I am. Is that fair? I have even been trying to get to Hobby Lobby or Michaels this week to make a little something for our living room for Thanksgiving. I just can't seem to make it happen! The casa does look nice right now with the "Autumn" sign I have up, the pumpkins, candles, mums and pretty Fall wreath on the front door. Oh and not to mention my super cute corn stalks outside at the front door! I should have blogged about that project... A blog/picture plan for the weekend I suppose! Before it's all replaced with red, green, Santa and garland!

No comments:

Post a Comment