Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend Recap

Ugh, I still haven't downloaded our Florida pictures. It's driving me crazy but I feel like when I'm home lately I just don't think to do it! There are a few other little projects I've been working on so that's my story. And I'm stickin' to it. I'll do it this weekend after Thanksgiving.

This weekend was fabulous. We had the best plans - NO plans! So we could do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted.

Friday night I met my sister, brother in law and nephew for happy hour. Don't worry, we didn't have a "baby in a bar". We sat at a booth just outside the bar area. :) It didn't last long as O-Town was needing to get to bed. I went home and got a jump start on cleaning the house before MrHoppy got home from work. We've been cleaning on Friday nights lately and it's so nice to wake up Saturday morning to a clean house!

Saturday we shopped til we dropped. And didn't buy a thing for anyone else... We aren't in Christmas shopping mode yet. We are in we-want-to-shop-for-our-house mode. And that we did. We found lots of 50% off Christmas decorations at Hobby Lobby, stopped for nachos and a beer to re-fuel and then found a great new end table at Home Goods. It had a few blemishes so they gave us an extra 10% off the already low price. Score!

Sunday morning we got up early and went to my sister's house for breakfast. My nephew is so adorable and sweet and fun first thing in the morning. All smiles I tell ya. I love it. Look at this happy guy!
After breakfast we braved the grocery store... As did everyone else in our town! It was a zoo. But we were patient and got what we needed for 3 days of healthy eating before Thursday! While we were out we bought a Sunday paper so I could check out the sales for the week and Black Friday.

I was so excited when I saw JC Penny's had their window coverings on sale 40%-60% off! I've been looking for new curtains since we bought our furniture in September. I had an idea of what I wanted and just couldn't find it. Our house had a lot of brown so I wanted to lighten it up a bit. I found panels that were originally $60/panel. They were on sale and after the 15% coupon I had and a coupon from the paper I got them for $22/panel! SCORE! And not what I pictured in there but they look awesome. They add some color in a palatte that I'd like to accesorize in anyway. I'll get a good picture of them this week during the day. I took one last night at dusk and it just doesn't do that area justice.

All in all, a fabulous weekend. And we are SO looking forward to this week. Short work week and time spent with family. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment