Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Whew, the weather here has just been crazy-town!

Over the weekend we had highs in the 80s. I was sleeping with the windows open and working on a tan (sunburn) in the yard. Tuesday night the wind started. The wind was followed closely by rain that started at 8PM on Tuesday night.

It is now Thursday at 10AM and it's still raining! This is unheard of in Colorado. We usually get storms that last an hour or two and then the sun comes out again. One positive is that our world is GREEN! It's so good for the flowers and grass so I can't complain too much...

I really want it to stop raining by this afternoon. MrHoppy and I have free tickets to watch the Rockies play the Mets at Coors Field and I really want to go. It will be cold and dreary but as long as the rain stops the game will go on. How did this middle-of-the-day-middle-of-the-week afternoon come about?

It all started with a grumpy and tired MrsHoppy yesterday. I was up most of the night Tuesday because of the monsoon wind and rain. I'm a light sleeper which sucks. I still got up at 5:30 to hit the gym for my morning workout. After my workout (without my usual teacher at Core, it just wasn't the same without her) I saw that my conditioner had exploded in my bag. Thankfully it was just a side pocket but still... Annoying mess to clean up in the gym locker room. My day continued in that fashion and when you add the sleep deprivation... you can guess the rest.

MrHoppy pushed my buttons in the afternoon and we decided not to talk for the rest of the day. I am not often emotional but when I am - watch out! I can't even blame it on PMS. I am a woman that needs at least 8 hours of sleep, that's the only reason I can come up with!

Anyway, he called my boss (Dad) and worked out the afternoon off and surprised me with tickets to the game. He has been working a TON this last month to save for our trip coming up so a day together is just what the Dr ordered.

You know when you don't see or talk to someone, especially your spouse, for awhile and you just feel disconnected? And then when you finally do talk you argue and bicker because you are on different pages because you haven't talked in so long? That's where we are and I despise it. My "love language" is definitely quality time. Just ask MrHoppy! I'm very much looking forward to an afternoon with my husband so I'm chanting a song from my childhood:

Rain, rain, go away
Come back another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment