Thursday, March 10, 2011

1 Year Ago Today

Was one of the best days of my life!

1 year ago today I was in the trenches of infertility.

1 year ago I was devestated, bitter, sad and struggling with my relationship with MrHoppy.

And then little O came along to brighten my entire world.

I tell my sister all the time that I simply cannot imagine how much she loves him. Because I know how much I love him. And she always replies that I probably love him as much as they do, just in a different way. It's probably true.

That might sound weird but you don't know my sister and me. We are 2 peas in a pod. We live 2 miles from each other, talk pretty much all day, everyday. We spend our free time together, go on trips together.

When she was pregnant, it was the closest thing to me being pregnant. She shared every minute of the journey with me, allowed me to come to an ultrasound, feel her growing belly whenever I wanted and feel her little man kicking away. Her pregnancy was a really exciting time in my life. Even after all I was going through. It was amazing.

And then came March 10, 2010. I got a call at 5AM or so that she was in labor but would be staying home as long as possible. I went to her house to visit and pick up their dogs. She was doing so well. The plan was for my sister and her husband to be in the delivery room alone. My Mom and I arrived at the hospital shortly after she was admitted and hung out all afternoon keeping them company, doing what we could to help her.

Her plan was to go completely med free and they prepared for that her entire pregnancy. It wasn't easy to watch her in so much pain but she is incredibly strong. My Mom and I were waiting down the hall when K called and said that she changed her mind and wanted us in the room. It was time to start pushing!

At 8:12PM (I think!) after hours of laboring and almost 2 hours of pushing O.J.H was born. It was the most amazing experience of my life to be there. I was able to hold one of her legs and help her push. I am forever grateful that she allowed me to experience that moment with her, K and O.

He has gone from a mellow, easy going baby to an energetic, sweet and funny little boy.

Happy birthday O, I hope you know how much you are loved!
Brand new baby
Smiles!
Auntie loves you
Such a big boy

1 comment: