Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Fresh Start

I've been begging MrHoppy to come with me to check out a new gym. I won't even get into the laundry list of reasons I loathe our current gym but suffice it to say that it SUCKS. It's small, crappy equipment, broken equipment, gross people... I could go on, and on, and on....

But I won't! I'm going to rave about the new gym we joined on Saturday, woo hoo! I'm pretty stoked about it - if you can't tell already. It's a real-life big girl gym! There are over 150 classes offered per week with no extra charge, 3 swimming pools, hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, volleyball, basketball, climbing wall, tons of cardio equipment, spinning, yoga, hot yoga, pilates, a spa, a health food cafe... Hmmm what else? There really is more and I can't think of it right now.

And for this gym rat it's a dream come true. My new happy place I think (hope).

The only bummer is that I had to opt out of my carpool. The gym is located between our house and work. So I'll be going either before work or right after. So the carpool thing wasn't going to work out anymore. I feel bad but I have to do what's good for me. And this is going to be soooo good for me! Since I'm still carpooling this week I haven't had a chance to work out there yet. MrHoppy went yesterday and is going today and said I'm going to LOVE it! I can't wait!

Oh I guess there is another bummer.... Our stupid current gym has a 30 day cancel policy. We are billed on the 26th of every month so I went in last night (the 20th) to cancel it. Pay for December and call 'er good since January 20th is before our billing date. Oh no, of course it can't work out like that. She said their billing is on the 1st, it just doesn't come out for everyone on that day. Seriously??? What a crock of shit. I didn't argue, I just signed the damn form and left. Because I am done there.

And ready to start fresh at my new gym! MrHoppy is mad already (and somehow this is all my fault?) so we'll see if he calls them to talk about it. My guess is he'll just fume about it for a day and let it go. That's about all we can do right?

Since today is my last day of work this week (hooray!!!) I'm going tomorrow. I already picked a morning class that will give me time to run afterward and maybe sit in the sauna before my day really starts.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!

    The contract thing is complete bullsh*t, BTW. We transferred from one Gold's Gym to another (in just a different part of the state) and they pulled that crap with us! I was like seriously? I get that you're a franchise, but we're not *breaking* our membership, we're moving and joining a different Golds. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete