Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful on Thursday

I have been thinking a lot this week about what to write about for this post. It's been a tough week, I'll be honest about that. Hell, it's been a tough year! It's been hard on our friends and family who grieve the loss of our dream to be parents along with us. And I haven't felt very thankful. But there are a lot of things I DO have. And I need to be better about focusing on those things.

So in the spirit of Thankful on Thursday...

I am thankful for my health. In general I think I take it for granted. I know first hand after seeing MrHoppy struggle with his crazy ulcerative colitis how hard an ongoing health problem can be. What a toll it can take on your everyday life.

I am in great shape, I exercise almost daily, I eat well and I take care of myself. But I've also been blessed with good health. I don't suffer from any ailments (other than sciatica) and I don't get sick often. It really is something to be thankful for - even if I don't think about it on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment