Friday, December 3, 2010

TGI Frickin' F and a little TMI

How about all those acronyms? :)

I am sooo glad the weekend is almost upon us. Only 1.5 more hours until 5PM. Can I make it?? This week has flown by but the individual days are dragging.

We finished decorating the house last night! It took longer than usual with the extra little projects I came up with, but it was really fun. It was nice to spend the last two nights with MrHoppy at home. And as you all know - we needed it. No distractions, nothing else going on. We enjoyed it and when we laid on the couch, exhausted, to watch a few precious moments of TV we ended up admiring our work instead. I can officially say that I'm finally in the holiday spirit! Hooray!

And then we laughed the next 30 minutes away at Michael Scott on "The Office". :)

I took pictures but just couldn't get them right in the lighting. So I'm going to take some daytime shots tomorrow and then try again with some night shots where everything is lit up. I didn't have the energy to mess with it last night. But I am really happy with how it turned out. Since Christmas will be at our house this year it was important to me that it feel festive.

Caution! In other VERY TMI news (stop reading if you don't want to hear about what's going on in my body right now!)...

The last few cycles I have been spotting from about CD10-CD15. Which has never happened to me in the 15 or so years since I "became a woman". I repeat, never. I ovulate regularly so I figured it was a little bit of spotting from that. But each month seemed to be a bit worse, a bit longer and a bit more heavy. Yucky. Who likes to practically go back on their period when it just ended?! Not me!

Well last night I was doing the dinner dishes and just froze. I felt a huge gush and ran for the bathroom. I was bleeding so bad. It really freaked me (and MrHoppy) out. I had to sit there while he ran to the upstairs bathroom to get me a change of undies and a tampon. Seriously? He made me promise to call my Gyno this morning. And being the great wife that I am I followed through even though the bleeding has pretty much stopped. Not really even any spotting today.

Earlier this year my RE thought he saw a polyp in my ute - "nothing to be concerned about as far as getting pregnant or having it affect my life" he said. So it didn't even cross my mind until my nurse read through his notes (after asking if I could be pregnant, had I taken a test, etc? Uh probably not lady!) and saw that the little polyp was mentioned there from all the hot dates I've had with the vag-cam. She said it's nothing to be concerned about - since I'm in great health they want to do a pelvic ultrasound (vag-cam) on Wednesday and see what's going on in there. She doesn't think we need a biopsy or anything so that's good news.

So that's the update on my reproductive system. It's been a long time since I've talked about the old ute, ovaries, tubes and eggs huh? Kind of weird!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way it feels to sit down and just enjoy the ambiance after I finish decorating for a holiday.... exhausted and accomplished.

    ReplyDelete