Monday, January 3, 2011

5 Day Recap

First off, thank you to everyone who commented on my previous religion/God post. It is so comforting for me to have my online friends and support system! You don't know how much your comments mean to me.

And I'm soooo behind in reading blogs and commenting so I'm playing catch up this week! I WILL catch up!

Anyway... On to a recap of the week that became a whirlwind!

I had a 1/2 day Wednesday so at noon I met MrHoppy at the gym and we worked out together. It was the first time together at the new gym and he helped me find new machines that I liked so I could get into a routine. I love working out with him so this all made me very happy. That evening we met one of my highschool friends for happy hour. The happy hour that lasted 5 hours... Ooops. :) He lives in GA now and we only see him once a year. This is my excuse!

Thursday MrHoppy surprised me with an early anniversary gift! He planned a special day and night in downtown Denver for just the two of us! It was so sweet that he put the effort in and I was so excited! It was the icing on the cake that it was a beautiful snowy day. You all know how long I have been waiting for the white stuff! We went down early and checked into the Sheraton on the 16th Street Mall. Great location! We showered and got ready and braved the cold and snow to hit up Express and do some shopping. I had $100 gift card to spend and spend it I did! And then some... :) A friend of his got us a great rate at the hotel and she was bartending so we stopped to see her for a drink on our way back up to our room. We had reservations for a late dinner at The Chop House which is one of my favorite restaurants. MrHoppy's friend had a bottle of champagne and strawberries sent to our room as a gift. So sweet. We headed down to catch a cab to the restaurant and because of a concert the wait was ridiculously long. So we figured we would start walking down the mall and grab one of the mall busses on the way... Only to find that they weren't running in the direction we were going due to the snow... So we walked 1.5 miles to dinner at 8PM in the blowing snow! Ha! Honestly I didn't mind, it was an adventure and we had fun. Dinner was delicious, as usual.

Friday was our anniversary. Yep, we got married 4 years ago on New Year's Eve. It was a blast and since we kind of like to have a good time the night suited us perfectly. :) We slept in Friday morning (glorious hotel bed!) and went to lunch when we were ready for the day. Then we met 4 couples in Black Hawk where our friends have a condo. We rang in the New Year with fireworks, friends and cocktails. It was such a fun evening. MrHoppy and the couple who have the condo stayed until Sunday morning. I was ready to get home after all the activity.

Once we were home we FINALLY took down all the Christmas decorations and cleaned the house. We have been so busy and the house definitely needed it! I feel settled and refreshed having everything back to normal. Ready to take on the new year, 2011 is going to be a great one!

Oh and I have lots of Christmas and New Years pictures to post once I get them downloaded. It won't happen tonight (my sister and I are seeing the Black Swan! Finally!) but my goal is to make it happen this week. One of my resolutions which I'll post about tomorrow.

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment: