Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cookie Craze!

Have I ever mentioned how much MrHoppy L-O-V-E-S to bake? He seriously loves it and is great at it. It's always been one of his dreams to have a bakery of some sort or to sell his baked goods.

Have I ever mentioned how much I D-O-N-T love to bake?! I don't enjoy it at all. To me it's a hassle, it just creates a big mess to clean up and I don't even like to eat sweets. Maybe that's part of it? I don't eat it so why would I go to all that trouble?

:::flashback to December 2006:::
It's a couple weeks before our wedding and we get 2 huge snowstorms back to back. The kind that keep us cooped up in the house for days, unable to leave? The snow in our driveway was up to my hips so we couldn't get a car out. And I have long legs people... Luckily (insert sarcasm) MrHoppy made it to the store before it got too bad to get enough supplies to bake for a month straight. And enough beer to keep us happy while we did it - that was my only saving grace. Until about day 2.5 when I put my foot down. NO MORE BAKING! It really was funny. We had baked goods coming out of our you know where's... Pumpkin bread, egg nog cookies, sugar cookies, peppermint bark, ginger snaps... You name it, we baked it. I gave up while he kept on bakin'!

Anyway, the moral of that story is this man loves to bake. So when an opportunity to do it comes along he always volunteers. Yesterday he made about 4 dozen pumpkin shaped sugar cookies for a kickoff party at his work Wednesday night. The only glich? He needed someone to decorate them. I recruited my bestie  (sister) to come over last night and help me decorate. So we had girl's night and helped MrHoppy all at once! It was our first experience making our own buttermilk frosting (only homemade for my man) and it turned out well. After we felt it was orange enough we sat down and decorated. They turned out really cute and we had a good time doing it. We sipped on wine and chatted to catch up (gossip of course!). Great night and he was happy with the results.

Here is a picture of one of mine. Since we still don't have a new camera I haven't been taking pictures as much as I usually would. Plus I was just out of the shower after my sweaty night at the gym so no pictures of me were needed... :)


My little dancing skeleton!

No comments:

Post a Comment