Friday, October 1, 2010

I have a problem...

It's called shopping. Clothes/shoe shopping to be exact. I love it. It's so fun and so fulfilling for me. And it's not even that I go that often or spend THAT much money on it. But I think about it all the time. I make lists of things I want at the moment and research where I could find these items for less. So that I can get more of course! I pour over magazines studying the latest trends and styles.

I absolutely love the month of September because I get money for my birthday and get to shop guilt-free without the hubby asking me how much I'm spending or worrying about our budget for the month. And my family and friends are so generous. So far with my birthday money I have bought: a couple cotton tops (one long, the rest casual styles), a super cute wrap around sweater, 2 long necklaces, a cute fitted flannel style button up top, an adorable faux fur vest and a scoop neck top to go with it, 2 thick belts (one black, one brown), a pair of GREAT grey boots since grey is my obsession lately, knee high black riding style boots and jeggings.

::swoon:: Fall is in the air and I am so excited to break out all my boots and sweaters!

I think this obsession started in 2007. I had lost my college weight (about 22 pounds) and got into pretty decent shape I'd say. My body isn't too shabby and after being a little overweight in college I was ready to show off all the work I'd put in! And it's been downhill from there. :) I do own a good amount of clothes and shoes. My closet is great - everything is orgainzed and in its place so I can easily find what I need. Not to mention the dresser that is bursting at the seams... One good thing about me is that I "purge" my closet and clothes every 6 months or so. If I haven't worn it in the last 6 months or wasn't crazy about it last season - it's donated. And I shop sales (for the most part) and use coupons I earn shopping at various stores.

Don't even get me started on shopping for our home and yard. That's a whole other post!

I have $40 left and it's burning a hole in my pocket... I have a few things left on my list! :) Where are your favorite places to shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment