Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Do you know?

How dark it is this time of year at 6AM? I'm sure most of you do but I had forgotten since I'm not usually up that early! I'm not a morning person, I don't start work super early like I know some do. I prefer to start my day about 7AM...

In the Summer I usually get up once or twice a week at 6:30 to run outside with our Ridgey. She loves it and I love it too - once I'm up and finally awake that is. The sun was always shining brightly and it felt so good to be out in the warm, quiet morning. I try to work out 5 days a week and normally do so in the evenings (not a morning person, remember?). So when things come up after work and I plan ahead I workout in the morning.

Very different getting up to workout in the Fall/Winter! It's hard!

This morning my alarm went off at 6. I was confused - it was still dark as night, the heat hadn't kicked on yet and I was so comfy under the comforter and blankets! So I hit snooze and vowed I would be up in 10 minutes. And you know what? I was. I put on my sports bra, sweats and a t-shirt. I let out the dogs and got in the car to go to the gym. It was miserable out, I can't lie - dark, cold and SO windy (as it has been for the last 3 days here in CO...). There were a few other people at the gym and I actually got in a great workout! It was nice to watch the sun rise along with the other gym rats. I was there almost an hour and felt really refreshed when I got home and got ready for work.

Now I can enjoy my evening out. My sister got free tickets to a cirque du soleil-type show downtown and invited MrHoppy and I to join them for a double date night. We're going to meet at my parents house for dinner (they are watching the nephew) and head down together for the show. It starts at 8 so I know it will be a late-ish night but I am excited. The 6AM wake up call was worth it - work out is done, I feel good and I'm going to spend time with my 3 favorite people tonight!

Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment