Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Decorating - My New Obsession

I have had home decor on the mind the last few weeks. Like, seriously on my mind. Like, I lay in bed thinking about all the changes I want to make in our house! Funds are tight right now with a week-long vacation planned next month so I am just waiting. Waiting and obsessing about it!

I think what I'll end up doing is change one room at a time. Slowly.

Step one will be this weekend. I'm going to paint one of our guest rooms. It's a light green and I haven't liked it from day one. The hubby painted it when we moved in and when I saw it - I hated it. But he had put so much time and work into it I haven't changed it. But this weekend my Mom is coming over and we are finally getting rid of the green! I haven't bought the paint yet but I think it's going to be a very neutral brown. I might take a picture down in there too. I like the bedding so that's a plus... Then that room should be OK.

Step two will be in the living room. Next month I want to get new curtains and new end tables that match the new furniture we bought in September. We also have a large open area over our fireplace. It's hard to fill and right now I have a large potted plant there with some candles and framed pictures. There isn't anywhere to hang anything - it's just like a huge open shelf. I'd like to rearrange that - any suggestions anyone?? I'll try to take a picture of it and post it here so you know what I'm talking about.

Don't even get me started on our bedroom. I love the paint and bedding but the decor needs some serious help... And I have a serious budget. Daddy Warbucks is strict when it comes to this type of thing! :) So I'll just research and look at ideas online for now... More to come on this topic I'm sure!

We're trying to sell our big desk in our office as well. I have a table in there with my sewing machine so I want it to be more of an area for me. That will be one of the last rooms that I work on so I haven't thought too much about it yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment